To ensure a fast and successful deployment of the Jet Excel Add-In, please review the content included in this checklist prior to your scheduled installation.
System Requirements for Jet Professional 2017:
- Microsoft .NET 2.0, 3.5, and 4.5 or higher
- Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 2012 (installed automatically via ‘Jet Setup.exe’)
- Microsoft ADOMD.NET 2005 (installed automatically via ‘Jet Setup.exe’)
- Microsoft Excel 2007-2016 desktop installation (Excel online is not supported)
- Windows Vista SP2 or higher
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV version 5.0 through 2017*, or
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV version 4.0 SP1 through 2009R2 (if using Windows Vista SP2), or
- Microsoft Dynamics GP version 9 or later, or
- Microsoft CRM (on premises), or
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later, or
- An OLE or ODBC compliant database
(note: NAV 2017 compatibility requires version 16.0.16252.0 or higher)
- A valid Jet Reports license and activation code.
- In order for installation to be completed ‘Administrator’ credentials will need to be entered. A user with ‘Administrator’ rights will need to be available to enter those credentials.
- For Microsoft Dynamics NAV/GP (on premise): the server name or IP address where your database/instance resides.
- For Microsoft Dynamics NAV/GP (hosted/Azure): the server name or IP address where your database/instance resides in addition to DNS and endpoints properly configured for external connectivity.
- For Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013-2017 (Web Services): The Jet Reports Business Objects (.fob) for your version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV must be imported.
- For Universal SQL Server based data sources: the server name or IP address where your database resides.
- For ODBC or OLE complaint databases: the required ODBC or OLE driver installed and configured for your database. (this is also true when using the Jet Service Tier to store your data source settings - the driver must be installed on your computer)
Hardware Requirements (minimum):
- 1.4GHz Processor
- 2GB RAM
- 2GB Available Disk Space