During this installation, we will be installing and configuring the following items:
- Jet Service Tier and database
- Jet Administration Console
- Jet Dashboard Builder (Optional)
- Configure IIS to enable secure communication
1. Obtain a valid SSL Certificate
- Certificate must be either a 'Domain Validation' or 'Wildcard Domain Validation' certification type.
- It is recommended that the certificate not be a 'Self-Signed' variant; this type will not work when viewing the Jet Web Portal via mobile devices.
- If the Certificate is accompanied by a 'Certification Authority' file, keep this available.
2. Setup a Domain Name (DNS)
- Domain needs to be covered by the SSL Certificate used above.
- Typically, this will look something like 'jet.YOURDOMAIN.com' or 'reports.YOURDOMAIN.com'.
- This Domain needs to be public facing and capable of resolving both internally and externally of your network.
- Port 442 & 443 (or equivalent) on the IIS Server needs to be opened and visible outside of your network.
3. Identify the server(s) that will be used
- Name (or IPv4 address) of server that will be hosting SQL Server (and the name of the SQL Server instance if applicable)
- Name (or IPv4 address) of server that will be hosting IIS (if different than the previous server)
Please install the prerequisite software prior to scheduling an installation. The software listed below can take a significant amount of time to download and install.
- Ensure that Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, 3.5, and 4.5 are installed and enabled.
- Ensure that Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager is installed.
- Check server(s) to see if Windows updates are pending that would require a restart. If they do, please do this prior to the installation.
- Ensure that you have at least one supported data source
- (Jet Enterprise Dashboards Only) Ensure that the Jet Enterprise Cubes have been deployed and executed.
5. Have an account with necessary permissions for the installation
During installation, an account with the following permissions will be required.
- Administrator rights on server(s).
- Administrator rights for the SQL Server instance.
- Administrator rights on the Domain controller.
- Each Jet Web Portal user (for the Dashboard Builder and Jet Web Portal) must have access to the appropriate databases.
6. Have the Jet Web Portal installation files downloaded
The installer for the Jet Web Portal is included in the Jet Professional installation file. This file is large (100MB+) and may take some time to download on your network. The version will be checked prior to installation and may require that the latest version be downloaded as part of the installation process. If you do not have a recent version of the installation media or are unable to locate the files, please obtain this file prior to installation from here: Jet Professional Installation Files.