When user a 'Dynamics NAV 2013 and later (SQL Server)' data source in the Jet Excel Add-In, a non-admin user can receive the following error:
"An unexpected error has occurred: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception...
Non-admin user accounts need to be assigned to the "Impersonate a client after authentication" security policy role to allow the Jet Excel Add-In to access data directly from a SQL database.
Here are the steps that a LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR will need to follow to add the non-admin user to this role:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Local Security Policy.
- Expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
- In the right pane, double-click Impersonate a client after authentication.
- In the Local Security Policy Setting dialog box, click Add User or Group.
- In the Select Users or Group dialog box, find the user account that you want to add, click Add, and then click OK.
- Click OK.
- Reboot the system and try the steps to reproduce the problem.