The process known as "Round Tripping" can remove links and other hidden formatting history within an Excel Worksheet. This procedure may be used if you have a corrupt workbook. It may also be used if the workbook is not converting to Values after the report has been run.
- Open the file, and do a Save as: 2003 Workbook .xml.
- Close out Excel, and open the file you just saved with the .xml extension
- Do a Save As to an .xlsx file format *
- Close out of Excel and reopen the workbook
* this procedure is also used when using Excel 2003 with the exception of the file extension being saved as a .xls file instead of an .xlsx file.