This tool is no longer supported by Jet Reports. This information is provided here for the convenience of users with older versions of Jet Reports and Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
This tool is compatible with Navision 3.7 through NAV 2009 - ONLY.
Before you begin
You will need the following components before you can use the Budget Import Tool from Jet Reports.
- Jet Reports v7 - Jet Reports 2009 installed and configured properly on your workstation.
- Navision 3.7 - NAV 2009 installed and configured properly on your workstation (If using Jet 2009 or higher, NAV 4.0 SP1 or higher is required. If using Windows 7, NAV 5.0 or higher is required).
- Since the Budget Upload Utility installs at form 50000, you will need to check your NAV implementation to be sure you do not already have an object at that location. If you do and you need the have the Budget Upload Utility to install at a different location, please contact Technical Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the speciific location you need.
- The JetBudgetImport.fob (Jet Reports v7) or JetBudgetUploadV9.fob (Jet v9). See below for instructions on installing this file on your Navision database. You must be a super user in Navision to install the .fob. (The file extension on the attached file needs to be changed from .fob.txt to .fob for this process to work correctly.)
- The “ GL Budget_Upload.xls ” or similar report. This workbook is provided by Jet Reports as a template and may need to be modified to meet your budget import needs.
- The .fob file is available for download from the link above.
- From Navision, go to “Tools” then select “Object Designer”.
- Go to “File” then select “Import.”
- Browse to the directory with the .fob file.
- Select the .fob file and then choose “Open.”
- One of the following messages will appear…
If you get this message, choose “No”.
- If you get this message, choose “OK”.
Additional Jet Reports Settings For Jet Reports V7
Before you can use the upload feature in Jet Reports V7, you will need to configure Jet Reports to use the correct object in your Navision database to handle the importing of the data generated by the Upload tool.
- In Excel, select Jet, Options, and select the Data Source tab. Make sure that you have the correct Data Source selected and then click on the “Advanced Options” button (not the “Advanced” tab).
- In the “Navision Upload” section you will see 2 options called “Form No.” and “Source Table No.”.
Using GL Budget Upload.xls
This workbook have been designed based on the Navision 4.0 SP2 CRONUS USA, Inc. database and may have to be modified to meet your needs. This workbook has the following features:
- Report Options. When you click on the Jet “Report” button, the Report Options panel will appear. From here, you can specify the filters you want to use in creating the budget. It allows you to retrieve current G/L Account balances for a specific date range with the date periods replicated across the workbook in columns.
- Stored User Data. There are columns (marked in light yellow) for the entry of budget figures. Notice that the data entered in these columns is stored between report runs. So if you enter data in the yellow columns and re-run the report, the data will still be there. Once the new budget amounts are entered in these columns, you can upload them to Navision.
Uploading data to Navision
Once you have completed the entry of information on the budget, you can now upload it to Navision. If this is your first time, it is a good idea to create a backup of your existing budget before starting this process, or use a new budget name to inform the system to automatically create a new budget during the upload process.
For Jet Reports V7 users:
- Select Jet, Tools, User Data, Upload to trigger the upload of the data to Navision.
- A message will appear informing you that “Your workbook must be saved to upload User Data. Do you want to save your workbook and upload your User Data?”. By selecting “OK”, an upload file will be generated and Your Navision client software will start. You may need to enter in your login name and password for Navision.
- Begin the upload process by selecting Upload from the User Data option in Jet. When prompted, enter 50000 in the "Form No." field and click OK
- Once Navision as started, you will be presented with Jet Budget Import form.
This information is only applicable to Navision users.