When attempting to sync objects within the Jet Data Manager you encounter the following error message:
The SQL Server instance Specified in SSIS service configuration is not present or is not available. This might occur when there is no default instance of SQL Server on the computer."
This error is caused because SSIS is looking for the "Default Instance" when a "Named Instance" is being used. In this article we will show you have to remedy this problem by adding your named instance into the MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml file.
Locate the MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml File
This file is located within your installation of SQL Server. The file path you will take will differ depending on your SQL Server version. The file path we will take is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml"
1. Navigate to the drive that contains your installation files. In this case we will navigate to the C drive.
2. Navigate to the Program Files folder that contains your installation of SQL Server.
- If you are running a 64-bit version of SQL Server the installation is under Program Files
- If you are running a 32-bit version of SQL Server select Program Files(x86)
3. Navigate to the Microsoft SQL Server folder
4. Navigate to the folder that corresponds to your version of SQL Server.
- Folder 80 corresponds to SQL Server 2000
- Folder 90 corresponds to SQL Server 2005
- Folder 100 corresponds to SQL Server 2008 & 2008 R2
- Folder 110 corresponds to SQL Server 2012
6. Navigate to the Binn folder
7. Navigate to the MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml file. The completed file path is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml"
8. Open the XML file with a text editor such as notepad or notepad ++. Look for the <ServerName>.</ServerName> Tag and replace the . "Period" with your Server Name \ Instance Name. Once changed save your changes and close the XML file.
9. The last step will be to restart SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for the changes to take affect.
To restart SSIS Navigate to Services and r ight Click SQL Server Integration Services , Click Restart .