It is possible to resume a failed execution from the point of failure. This is useful since, with managed execution, you cannot always determine in what order the JDM will execute tables. This means that if an execution fails, a complete restart of the execution was previously the only way to ensure that everything is executed correctly. This feature was introduced in Jet Enterprise 2016
When an execution fails, resume the execution by following the steps below.
1. First, the user needs to identify the error. On the Execution tab, right-click on the failed execution package, and click on View Execution History Log. The Execution Log window opens.
2. Click on View in the Execution Message column next to the failed execution to display the error message. Close the message and the Execution Log window.
3. Second, resolve the error that was identified in the execution message. Remember to deploy any changed objects as necessary. Once the error has been resolved the previous execution can be resumed.
4. Open the Execution Log again as described in Step 1.
5. Right-click on the “Failed” message under the Succeeded column for the execution you wish to resume and click on Resume Execution. The Execute window opens.
6. Click Start to begin the execution.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 if the execution package fails again.