With the AnySource Adapter, the Jet Data Manager can connect to any data source that has an OLE DB or ADO provider installed the machine. This opens up a wide variety of third-party connectors for platforms such as Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, and many cloud based products.
Watch the Video!
The setup for the AnySource adapter is similar for the OLE DB and ADO based adapter. To add an AnySource OLE DB or ADO data source, follow the steps below.
1. On the Data tab, right click on Data Source, click on Data Sources and click on Add AnySource OLE DB or Add AnySource ADO. The AnySource OLE DB or AnySource ADO window opens.
2. In the Name box, type a name for the data source.
3. In the Provider list, click on the provider to use.
4. In the property sheet, edit the settings for the connection. See the documentation for the provider you are using for more information.
5. (Optional) Enter the number of seconds after which a command should timeout in Command Timeout.
6. (Optional) In the Use Integration Services for Transfer list, click on As Parent to use the same setting as the parent business unit or Yes or No to use or not use Integration Services for transfer, respectively.
7. Click on Test Connection to verify that the connection is working.
8. Click on Advanced settings to access additional settings. The Advanced Data Source Properties window opens.
9. In the Query Formatting list, type the Prefix, Suffix and Separator used in the source. Click on Read Value to fill in the values automatically if possible.
10. In the Character Replacements list, you can type a Replace Character to replace with the Replace Value in data from the data source.
11. In the Schema Properties list, type the Schema Name, Table Name, Column Name etc. There is help available for finding the correct column names. Click on Table Schema to have the JDM read and display the table schema and click on Column Schema to have the JDM read and display the column schema from the first available table.
12. In the Object Filtering list, you can choose to filter the tables you receive from the provider using regular expressions or different string comparisons. Click on Table or Schema in the Object Type list, click on a filter type in the Filter Type list and type a value in the Filter Value List.
13. Click on OK to close the Advanced Data Source Properties window.
14. Click on OK to close the AnySource OLE DB or AnySource ADO window and add the adapter.
Note: On other data sources, you can use the preview feature in the JDM to view the content of a table on the source. This may not work on AnySource data sources since the JDM does not know exactly what the source is and what syntax to use. However, you can use the query tool to explore the content of a table.