This article details the process of enabling translations from an OLAP server.
Translations only work when connecting to a cube using the native Excel functionality. This means translations will not work when using the Jet Essentials add-in for Excel.
1. On the DATA tab in Excel click From Other Sources → From Analysis Services
2. Enter the server name and click Next .
3. Select the OLAP Server database and cube that you want to use and click Next .
4. At the File Name, click Browse... → Copy the path from the address bar, for example 'C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Data Sources'. Click Save . Click Finish and OK.
5. Using Windows explorer, locate the *.odc file in the directory in your clipboard. Open this file in Notepad.
6. In the end of the <odc:ConnectionString> tag enter ;LocaleIdentifier=code
7. Save and close the connection file.
8. Open a new WorkBook in Excel
9. On the Data Tab, click Existing Connections, locate the edited connection file and click Open .
This connection will now use the new Locale Settings