The Dynamics NAV adapter simplifies the extraction of data from Microsoft Dynamics NAV. This article details how to setup the NAV adapter using a SQL Provider.
Import NAV Adapter into the New NAV Database (if applicable)
If the NAV database that is being used is a new NAV database that was not previously used by the Jet Data Manager then the NAV Adapter needs to be imported into the NAV database and the Adapter Setup needs to be run. This would follow the same process that was followed during the initial setup and the steps can be found in the Jet Reports installation document.
Open the Project in the Jet Data Manager
Since the data source needs to be changed in the project itself, the user will open the Jet Data Manager and open the desired project.
Add Dynamics NAV Adapter
1. On the Data tab, right click Data Sources → Adapter Data Sources → Add Dynamics NAV Adapter
2. Click Wizard Setup
3. Click Microsoft SQL Provider
4. Assign a name in the Name field. In this example we choose NAV. Click OK .
5. In the Server name field enter the name of the server where your NAV database resides. In this example we choose localhost.
6. In the Database field select your NAV database.
7. Click OK .
8. Accept the defaults and click OK .
9. Accept the defaults and click OK .
10. The Synchronization result: dialog opens and shows added accounts. Click OK .
11. Select the company(s) you would like to report from. In this example we only wanted to report form the North American company.
12. Select the template that corresponds the the company you selected.
13. Click OK .
If selecting more than one company select the template of the main company
Synchronize Database Objects
1. The user will then right click the NAV data source and select Synchronize Objects . This will synchronize all necessary database objects (such as tables, fields, and option values) from the new data source to the Jet Data Manager.
The following window will appear during the synchronization process:
Once synchronization is complete the Jet Data Manager will display any changes that have occurred in the tables and fields currently being used in the project. If no changes are found the follow screen will appear:
Deploy and Execute the Project
After the new data source has been configured and synchronized the final step is to deploy and execute the project against the new database. This can be achieved by clicking the Manual Deployment and Execution button at the top of the Data tab:
The user will then click the Start button to start the deployment and execution process.