Data sources contain the data that you want to retrieve and use for analysis. This article details the required steps to add a SQL Server data source.
The Jet Data Manager supports SQL Server databases created using SQL Server 2005 or later.
Adding SQL Server Data Sources
1. On the Data tab, expand the preferred business unit, and then right-click Data Sources.
2. Select Data Sources , and then select Add SQL Server data source .
The Add SQL Server Data Source dialog opens
3. In the Name field, type a name for the data source. The name cannot exceed 15 characters in length.
4. In the Server name field, enter the location of the database server.
5. In the Database field, enter the name of the database or select it from the drop down list.
6. Specify the authentication mode. The default setting is Windows authentication . If you choose SQL Server authentication , you are prompted for a user name and a password.
7. Click Test Connection , to verify that the connection is working, and then click OK. The data source is added to the Data Sources folder in the project tree.
8. In the Command Timeout field, specify the number of seconds to wait before terminating the attempt to connect to the database. Note: The recommended setting for this is 0 seconds to disable the timeout .
9. In the Connection Timeout field, specify the number of seconds to wait before terminating the attempt to connect to the server.
10. If you want to add additional connection strings, click the Additional Connection Properties button. In the Connection String Properties window type the preferred connection strings, and then click OK .