When configuring a Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 or earlier data source you may receive the following error message:
Jet could not verify your license status for the following reason:
The required Dynamics NAV Client executable (finsql.exe) could not be found in <FilePath>
Please check you data source settings.
This error message occurs when the objects within your NAV client folder are not correct for your database.
1. Confirm the version of your NAV database and client executable.
To do this open the NAV classic client. Navigate to File → Database → Open...
Select the database that you want to connect to.
Navigate to to Help → About Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic .
From this screen we can tell:
- That the first line shows the version of the NAV Client executable that you are using
- In this example our NAV Client is NAV 2009 R2
- That the second line shows the version of the NAV database that is currently open
- In this example our database is 5.0 SP1
Since we have to open the NAV database using NAV Client 2009 R2 we also need to point towards that client folder.
2. On the General page Browse... towards the correct NAV client folder
3. On the Connection page, enter the proper parameters.
Server: Server where your NAV database resides
Database: The NAV database you will be connecting to
Net type: The network type being used in your environment
Company: The default company in NAV