Note: This information pertains to Jet Reports versions 2013 and higher
Once the Jet Data Manager has been installed and configured you can use the Jet Excel add-in to create a connection to your cubes and start creating valuable reports.
Before creating a connection to the cubes you will need to set permissions for your users.
Creating a Connection to the Cubes using the Jet Excel add-in
Watch the Videos!
| Connecting to the Cubes
with Pivot Tables
|Using Cube Queries|
1. Open Excel.
2. Navigate to the Jet tab and click Data Source Settings.
3. Click Add. The New Data Source dialog will open.
4. In the Name: field enter a friendly name for your cubes. In this example we choose the name Jet Cubes. In the Type: drop down specify a Cube connection. Click OK .
5. On the Connection page, enter the name of the server where the cubes reside. In this example the cubes reside on the local machine. In the Database field select your OLAP database. Click OK .
6. Once the Jet tab, click the Pivot Table button to create a pivot table.
The Insert PivotTable dialog will open. Choose the cube you want to analyze. Click OK .