If using versions 4.5.39 through 4.5.41 of the Jet Data Manager a special process is required in order to upgrade to Jet Data Manager 2012 or newer. That process is outlined below.
- The project repository must be first upgraded to version 4.5.42 of the Jet Data Manager. This version of the Jet Data Manager can be downloaded from the link below:
- Download: Jet Data Manager 4.5.42
- Once this version of the Jet Data Manager has been installed and activated the user should navigate to the project repository to be upgraded and follow the standard upgrade process.
- Take a SQL backup of the project repository after it has been upgraded before moving on to the next step. A KB on how to backup a SQL database can be found here: Backing Up a Database .
- Once the project repository has been successfully backed up the user should download the attached ZIP file at the bottom of this article which contains a SQL script. Unzip the file and execute the SQL script against the project repository that was just upgraded to 4.5.42. This will force an upgrade from 4.5.42 to version 12.4.8.
- Open the project repository using the desired version of the Jet Data Manager (ie: 14.x.x) and follow the upgrade prompts to finish the upgrade to the desired version of the Jet Data Manager.