When a table, dimension, or cube is executed through an execution package, the Jet Data Manager will log information regarding the event. You have the ability to view the settings used for the execution. The settings are stored in an XML format and displayed as a read-only version of the execution package setup
Viewing the Execution Log
1. Right click the execution package and click View Execution History Log .
2. From here you can see various metrics pertaining to the execution package.
3. Click View to display the Gantt chart associated with the execution package. Clicking the View button under the Execution Message column will display the message for that execution.
The Gantt chart displays an overview of the entire execution process. In the Gantt chart you can hover your mouse over each individual task to see the details about the object in the tool-tip and if you click an object in the side panel, all other objects will become "grayed" and deselected.
Viewing Execution Log for Individual Objects
Click on an object in your project and select View Execution Overview Log
From here you can see a Gantt chart representing each execution that has taken place.
You can select which steps to see in the bar-chart by selecting / deselecting the individual steps in the Execution Steps dialogue:
You can also select which object to show statistics for in the "Objects" drop-down:
In addition, there are a number of ways in which data is captured to provide better analysis over time. Clicking the Measures dropdown will allow the user to look at a graphical representation of the following:
- Time: The amount of time the object took to run
- Raw Rows: The total number of rows (records) in the Raw table at the end of the execution process
- Warnings: The number of warnings present due to validation rules in place
- Errors: The number of errors present due to validation rules in place
- Valid Rows: The total number of rows (records) in the Valid table at the end of the execution process