Listing of changes made in recent versions of Jet Enterprise
Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.12.14)
Overview of the Improvements in Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.12.14)
Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.12.14) introduced a number of important modifications. Below is an introduction to the changes made in this version of Jet Enterprise.
- Added deployment target from SQL 2017
- an now deploy to or list project repositories on SQL 2008s
- Table menu in sub tree view window now displays all available menu items
- Supernatural Keys and Custom hash fields work with Custom Data insert order
- Deploying dynamic perspectives no longer include OLAP steps without being selected
- Better deploy validation on partition feature
- Keep Errors and Warnings on adapter table
- Corrected the Execution Error Message from the Execute Queue
- External BU - Synchronized tables with schema changes are now saved
- Synchronize source field - addressed a conditional lookup field join issue
- Addressed an AX Synchronize tables issue
- Transformation - correct the SQL when using reverse sign
- Execution queue now includes the correct default package logging
- Simple table mode deploy works correctly when script all objects is checked in deployment dialog
- Views - addressed a table insert check on dynamic project perspectives issue
- Application no longer crashes when using perspective
- Data source multiple text file works properly when using a global database
- Add DWH/BU dialog correctly displays setting for ssis transfer
- Addressed an unexpected shutdown of JDM when pressing Ctrl+C in errors or warnings tab
- No longer duplicates transformations when data movement is loading
- Addressed a synchronize AX adapter culture issue
- Table settings do not freeze on edit
- Opening multiple environment transfer is faster
- Addressed Import custom data field name issue
- Addressed warning when comparing hash fields and supernatural keys with an incompatible data type length
- Addressed an issue with merging of conditional lookups with custom conditions
- Addressed a problem with conditional lookups using custom fields with transformations containing other conditional lookups
- Better description of how Simple mode table behaves when the data source is set to continue with data.
Address a lock-out problem with proxy settings
- Address an ADO.Net error
- TABLOCK is now available on update of Key Store
- Execution package - address an exclude OLAP server with offline processing issue
- Views no longer have dependencies to data cleansing stored procedures
- The "Find" dialog now sorts results
- UI: Tab icons have the correct color depth
- Partition table on SQL version that doesn't support table partitioning no longer results in error during index creation
- Addressed an issue with modified tables for color blind people
- Addressed a issue when sending to the execution queue
- Edit staging database and data warehouse sets the SSIS Server value.
- Addressed a Remote SSIS Package Path Issue
- Addressed an table name issue when synchronizing AX adapter culture
- Execution Package is now cleaned up when deleting Semantic Model Objects
- Drag and drop now includes a default action
- Added transformations on Supernatural key
- Added Case-insensitive supernatural keys and hash fields
- History enabled table with reincarnation of data combined with SHA-2 512 Hashing no longer causes error
- Multiple environment can now connect to versions before 17.12.9
- Clicking in un-synchronized NAV data source no longer causes a crash
- Additional AX adapter - Loading primary keys from parent source
- Go to Source table for views is now working
- TXStringDateConverter handles invalid dates. (SQL 2005, 2008,2012,2014,2016,2017)
- Project environment transfer refreshes the project information for the destination environment.
- Having many versions of a project in remote environment no longer makes the transfer available
Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.12.05)
Overview of the New Features and Improvements in Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.12)
Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.12) introduced a number of important new features and improvements. Below is an introduction to the changes made in this version of Jet Enterprise.
|Support for SQL Server 2017||
Jet Enterprise v17.12 enables you to tag individual fields. These tags can then be used in project perspectives or in a new type of documentation, data impact - allowing you to better categorize your data and comply with regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
|Visualization Possibilities with the Relation Diagram||
Jet Enterprise v17.12 includes a new Project Perspectives: The relation diagram. You can view the relation diagram for each table -showing you the tables that have a relation to the table in question.
|Project Documentation in the Jet Data Manager|
|Uniquely Identifying Records with Durable Supernatural Keys||
In Jet Enterprise v17.12, we have added the supernatural key as a field you can add to a table - providing a very useful feature for dimensional modeling
|Uniquely Identifying Records with Durable Supernatural Keys|
|Reading SQL Server Synonyms||
In SQL Server, synonyms are a simple, but powerful feature.
Jet Enterprise v17.12 includes the optional functionality to read synonyms from the data source.
|Customizable and Comprehensive Documentation||Jet Enterprise v17.12 includes more options for customization and content for the auto- generated project documentation.|
|Flexible Data Selection in Data Warehouse||In Jet Enterprise v17.12, data selection rules are defined on the source table level - making them more flexible.||Creating a Data Selection Rule|
|Push Execution to Queue and Skip the Waiting||
In version 17.12, Jet Enterprise better integrates the execution queue with the regular deploy/execute flow.
|Using the Data Selection Queue|
Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.5)
Overview of the New Features and Improvements in Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.5)
Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.5) introduced a number of important new features and improvements. Below is an introduction to the changes made in this version of Jet Enterprise.
The first thing you’ll notice when you open the 17.5 release is a new and improved user interface. With the redesign, the interface is less cluttered and gives more room to what matters: your data
|Internet Connection through Proxy Server||
With the wide use of web-based data sources, more of our customers are likely to be using proxy servers. Jet Enterprise 17.5 now supports the use of a Proxy Server for web traffic.
|Support for Internet Traffic through Proxy Server|
|Support for SQL Azure||
Jet Enterprise 17.5 introduces support for using Azure SQL Server for your repository, data warehouse, and staging databases
|Using SQL Azure For Repository, Data Warehouse And Staging Databases|
|Improved Conditional Lookup Fields||
The performance, behavior and usability of Conditional lookup fields (the feature that allows you to use a field from one table on another) has been substantially improved.
|Improved Conditional Lookup Fields|
|More options for delete handling||In JDM 17.5, you have more options for tracking records which are removed from history-enabled tables.||More Options for Delete Handling|
|Type "0" fields now supported||Jet Data Manager 17.5 includes support for type 0 fields - which are ignored by the JDM.||Use Type 0 Fields on History-Enabled Tables|
|General Usability Improvements||
In addition to the redesign of the interface, Jet Data Manager 17.5 contains a myriad of smaller improvements to improve the usability.
|General Usability Improvements|
|Deprecated Feature Support||Some older features in the Jet Data Manager have lived out their usefulness and continue to exist in the product solely for backwards compatibility. While backwards compatibility is a high priority for us, such features will now included the suffix
"(deprecated)" to help you manage your use.
Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.1)
Overview of the New Features and Improvements in Jet Enterprise 2017
Jet Enterprise 2017 (17.1) introduced a number of important new features and improvements. Below is an introduction to the changes made in this version of Jet Enterprise.
|JDM Simple Mode||For situations where you simply need to copy data on a one-to-one basis from your data source to your staging database, Simple Mode is optimized for speed.||Jet Data Manager Simple Mode|
|Improved Data Selection||In JDM 17.1, selecting all tables from a data source for including in the staging database is now a one-click operation, and a wizard is now available for selecting table and fields from the data source.||Creating a Data Selection Rule|
|Data Selection Templates||Data Selection (xml) templates contain information about the selected tables, fields, primary keys, and incremental load settings you use, and allow you to apply these same settings to additional projects||Reuse Data Source Selections|
|Incremental Load Wizard||When you have more than a trivial amount of data in a table, incremental load becomes incredibly useful. While setting up incremental load for a single table is fast and easy in previous versions of the JDM, in this release you can set up incremental load for any number of tables in a wizard-style interface.||Configuration of Incremental Loading|
|Automated Delete Handling for Incremental Load||If you use incremental load on a data source, and records are deleted, the tables in your data warehouse can become out of sync with the data source. In Jet Data Manager 17.1, automated delete handling is available as an option on incrementally loaded tables.||Configuration of Incremental Loading|
|Using 'Raw-Only' fields||"Raw-Only" fields can now be defined in a staging database to allow you to define fields which may be used for calculations or data cleansing (ie: behind the scenes stuff) but wouldn't need to be displayed to the end users for reporting.||Using 'Raw-Only' Fields to Hide Data not Needed for Reporting Purposes|
|Overriding Data Types||
The world of data is growing and new data sources appear every day. These sources can vary wildly but when you consolidate them all in one data warehouse, all data needs to have a data type that conforms to the Microsoft SQL Server.
The JDM now includes a new Data Type Override feature to handle tasks like these.
|Synchronization of Data Types in the Data Warehouse|
|Improved Snippet Management||
All snippets are now managed in one consolidated window, from where, you can add, edit, organize, import, and export all snippets regardless of the type. To further streamline the snippets feature business functions have been renamed OLAP snippets.
|How to use SQL and Business Function (OLAP) Snippets|
|Easier Application of Constraint Suggestions||
In the new version of the JDM, you can now get primary and foreign key constraint suggestions for all tables in a staging database or data source and apply them all at one time. This functionality uses the new Automate wizard interface that also powers the new incremental load setup feature.
|Constraint Suggestions In The Jet Data Manager|
|Setting Database Schemas at the Data Source Level||In previous versions of Jet Data Manager you could define a database schema at the data warehouse level and the table level. In scenarios where the number of tables is very large, schema usage can very useful for keeping tables organized. Jet Data Manager 17.1 allows you to set a schema at the data source level as well.||Database Schema|
|Safer and Faster Hashing Algorithms||In Jet Data Manager 17.1, we have overhauled the hashing algorithm to make it easier to debug hashed fields and to address some limitations in the earlier implementation that could cause problems with very large history-enabled rows.||Hashing Algorithms in the Jet Data Manager|
|Setting Data Type Defaults for New Fields||The Add Custom Field dialog now includes an option to set your own default settings for a specific data type - allowing you to add multiple fields with settings that deviate from standard defaults||Set Data Type Defaults for New Fields In The Jet Data Manager|
|Remove Highlighting of Object with Descriptions||It is now optional for the JDM to display objects with descriptions in bold face.||Remove Highlighting of Objects with a Description in the Jet Data Manager|
|Configuring Security on Tables in the Staging Database.||In previous versions of Jet Data Manager security could only be managed on the data warehouse. Because it can very useful, we have added the security setting to the staging database, as well.||Configuring Staging Database Security|