Configuration for your SMTP settings is completed in the Application Settings.
- Open the Jet Application Settings.
- On the SMTP page, specify the SMTP server address.
- Specify the email address from which the reports will be sent in the From box.
- If you need to provide a port, SSL encryption, or authentication information, check the Use advanced options box.
- Leave the Port setting blank to use the default SMTP port. The default port is 25.
- Specify your user name and password.
- If your email server uses Secure Sockets Layer communications protocol (SSL, also known as Transport Layer Security), check the Use SSL encryption box.