Configuration for your SMTP settings is completed in the App Settings.
- Open the Jet > Settings > App Settings.
- On the SMTP page, specify the SMTP server address.
- Specify the email address from which the reports will be sent in the From box (if using a different email address than the user running the tasks it must be an alias).
- If you need to provide a port, SSL encryption, or authentication information, check the Use advanced options box.
- Leave the Port setting blank to use the default SMTP port. The default port is 25.
- Specify your user name and password.
- If your email server uses Secure Sockets Layer communications protocol (SSL, also known as Transport Layer Security), check the Use SSL encryption box.
- Test your settings using the 'Send' or 'Test' button (Jet Essentials 2015 Update 1 and higher).
- Configure your Jet Scheduler tasks to 'Email using an SMTP server' in the Email tab.