The Jet Web Portal (version 2017 R2 and newer) provides you with the ability to install the Jet Excel add-in quickly and easily.
Once you have logged in to the Web Portal, click the download arrow (to the upper right) and select Download Excel Add-in.
Your web browser will handle copying the installation program to your computer:
(the exact location will depend upon your specific browser)
Once that process is complete, run the installation program.
Click Install to start the installation of the Jet Excel Add-in:
When the installation is complete, you have the option to start Excel with the Jet add-in and/or to add a desktop shortcut to start it in the future:
You are now ready to use the Jet Excel Add-in.
The advantages to using this method to install the Jet Excel add-in are:
- Ease of install (with just three-clicks, you are are ready)
- All your settings are already configured. Your connection to settings used by the Web Portal Tier is already configured – so you have immediate access to all of your data sources. This eliminates the need for you to know where your settings are stored or how to set up a data source.
- The Excel add-in is automatically activated so you do not have to obtain or enter your license activation code.
- The version of the Excel add-in always matches the version of the Jet Web Portal, ensuring compatibility.
- When the version of the Jet Web Portal is upgraded, you can quickly and easily repeat the process to upgrade your Excel add-in and seamlessly benefit from all the latest functionality.